ANNUAL OPEN ENROLLMENT
The University’s annual open enrollment is held in May each year. Elections made during open enrollment will be effective the following July 1st, the beginning of the next plan year.
Open enrollment is your opportunity to change your medical and dental options, add or remove dependents, enroll in a Flexible Spending Account, enroll in basic life insurance, and enroll or cancel your participation in the group MetLife Legal Plan.
During open enrollment, you will be able to make elections through UBenefits.
- To change your Health Care Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Life Insurance election, go to UBenefits. Log on and click the "Open Enrollment" tile.
- To enroll or cancel your enrollment in the MetLife Legal Plan, sign into the MetLife website (you will need to register if it is your first time using this site). If you are currently enrolled and wish to cancel your coverage for the next plan year, contact MetLife Legal Plans at 1-800-438-6388 on or before June 30th.
- If you don't have access to a computer, contact the University Human Resource Management Solutions Center at (801) 581-7447 for assistance or email email@example.com.
- Your existing Health Care Plan elections will continue for the next Plan Year.
- Your participation in Flexible Spending Accounts (if any) will terminate and you will not participate for the next Plan Year.
- Your participation in the Group Legal Plan will continue if you are enrolled.
The most recent open enrollment materials are available online:
- Open Enrollment Newsletter
- WellU Requirements
- Summary Comparison of Medical and Dental Options
- Livongo for Management of Diabetes
- MetLife Legal Plans Flyer
- My529 Flyer
- Legal Notices
This information will be updated in April with the new materials for the coming plan year.
- You must complete the WellU Wellness Program requirements before July 1 in order to receive the discount during the next plan year.
- See the WellU Wellness Program web page for current requirements.
- Wellness completions must be reported through Regence, participating University departments, or our University partners. Completions other than the COVID-19 vaccine cannot be self-reported by individual employees. Due to processing and reporting of completion, please allow up to 90 days for activities to be updated on the participation tracker. If it has been over 90 days and your activity has not been updated, please contact our WellU team at WellU@utah.edu.
- You are encouraged to complete the WellU requirements as early as possible to avoid any delays in application of the discount. Discounts will begin when timely completed requirements have all been reported.
- If you complete all the requirements prior to June 30 and they are all reported to HR prior to July 15, your discount will begin on the July 22nd paycheck.
- If you complete all the requirements prior to June 30; however they are not all reported to HR prior to July 15, your discount will begin on the paycheck following the date the last timely completion is reported. The discount is not retroactive.