Schedule an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Appointment by calling (801) 587-9319 or (800) 926-9619.
Employees enrolled in the Employee Health Care Plan and their family members may obtain services through the Employee Assistance Program (“EAP”) at no cost to the employee.
- Services are available through the EAP for enrolled employees, their enrolled dependents, and other family members residing in the employee's household.
- The EAP is a confidential counseling service that provides assistance with a variety of personal concerns, including stress, anxiety or depression, personal and emotional issues, marital, relationship and family counseling, grief or loss, substance abuse or other addictions.
- EAP counselors are available during regular and extended hours, and Crisis Line support is available 24/7.
- Blomquist Hale Consulting, a professional EAP firm, provides the EAP services.
- When needs exceed the scope of what is typically provided by the EAP, individuals are referred to appropriate network providers.
- The EAP practices strict adherence to all professional, state and federal privacy guidelines.
Upcoming virtual workshops can be found on the Blomquist Hale website.
Pre-recorded workshops from the EAP on a variety of topics are available on Blomquist Hale's Youtube page.
If you are interested in a virtual workshop, but are unable to attend during the scheduled time, you should still register. Once the “access email” is sent to those who have registered, they can request to receive the recorded version after the workshop.
For employees enrolled in the Advantage Plan option, mental health and substance use disorder benefits are managed through Huntsman Mental Health Institute (HMHI/BHN) and are processed through University of Utah Health Plans (not through Regence). Regence only administers mental health benefits for employees enrolled in the Consumer Directed Health Plan option.
- The plan covers outpatient and inpatient services.
- A limited number of residential treatment days may be covered with prior authorization.
- The professionals with Huntsman Mental Health can help you find a network provider with available appointments, specializing in the type of care you need. Call the EAP at (801) 587-9319 or (800) 926-9619 and ask for referral to a network provider.
- See the Summary Comparison of Medical and Dental Benefits or the appropriate legal plan document for coverage information.
Find a Network Provider
- Huntsman Mental Health Institute Network Providers
- Call (801) 587-9319 or (800) 926-9619
Other Available Options
- UNI Crisis Line (801) 587-3000
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255
- UNI Community Resources
- Safe UT App