Thank you to all employees who made it out on September 28th to one of our most attended Employee Appreciation Day (EAD) events yet! We hope you enjoyed a fun-filled day of food, fun, and swag - we are already looking forward to making next year's event bigger and better than ever!
EAD Quick Facts:
- 4,500+ employees in attendance
- 1100 flu shots given
- 9,000+ slices of pizza eaten
- 2,000+ ice cream bars eaten
- 350 Airbrush Tattoos received
- 600+ professional headshots snapped
- 670 interactions with the Staff Council booth
- 1000 hygiene kits stuffed for the SLC Rescue Mission
Thank you to our Presenting Partner - TIAA
Thank you to all University of Utah employees who stopped by the TIAA booth during Employee Appreciation Day.
TIAA’s mission is to help University of Utah employees find their personal vision of financial success at every stage of life. When you choose to work with TIAA, you get an ally in planning the financial future that’s right for you. One that puts your goals first, supported by the people, tools, and expertise you need to help you succeed.
It was great meeting with so many University of Utah employees! Many of you claimed a TIAA tote bag, spun the prize wheel and had a chance to speak with members of our financial team. But the conversation doesn’t need to end there.
If you have not yet scheduled an annual financial check-up, use this link to schedule your appointment. This one-on-one appointment with a financial professional is essential in helping make sure you are on track for retirement.
Goosechase Winners Announced:
Our first-ever Goosechase virtual picture & text-response scavenger hunt was a huge success! In total, 461 employees participated in the hunt with over 10,300 total submissions! Of those 461 participants, 264 accumulated 1000+ points to be entered into a drawing for prizes.
- Grand Prize: Imogen Holdsworth, Marketing Analyst, Development Office (2 Utes football tickets + U of U swag!)
- 20 Other Winners (U of U swag!):
- Michelle Addison, Administrative Officer, School of Music
- Jo Anson, Clinical Research Manager, HCI Genetic Counselors
- Stephanie Bazan, Advanced EM Tech, SJHC Emergency
- Natalie Bennion, Clinical Research Coordinator, Anesthesiology
- Sara Clark, Outpatient Clinical Nurse II, FMHC Cardiology
- Greg Christofferson, Visitor Parking, Commuter Services
- Gayle Eckert, Health Plan Grievance, HMH ENT Home Project
- Brooke Gates, Graduate Research Assistant, HCI Benjamin Spike Lab
- Jessica Glauser, Athletic Trainer, Athletics Department
- Sierra Goodman, Project Administrator, HCI Clinical Trials Operations
- Stacy Holley, Clinical Nurse, SJHC Short Stay
- Amanda Jiang, Graduate Research Assistant, HCI Robert Judson-Torres Lab
- Maranda Kassab, Admissions Manager, SOM Admissions
- Michelle McCardell, Project Facilitator, UUH Transplant Administration
- Emily Murasso, Residential Education Coordinator, Housing & Res. Education
- Adiah Olsen, Registered Nurse, Cardiology Surgery Unit
- Deana Paluso, Scheduling Coordinator, ENT Call Center
- Kristen Sobotka Hausskuper, Pharmacist, Midvalley Pharmacy
- Madison Sumerlin, Study Coordinator, Sleep and Movement Disorders
- Melissa Spendlove, Grant/Contract Officer, Orthopaedic Surgery Operations