The University of Utah Employee Appreciation Day (EAD) HR Planning Team and Staff Council are excited to announce a virtual Employee Appreciation Day opportunity coming to all employees during EAD Week (September 25 – 29, 2023) – an online picture/text response scavenger hunt via the Goosechase app!
While all University of Utah, Huntsman Cancer Institute and U of U Health faculty and staff (including student staff) are invited to participate, this is a great opportunity for work-from-home/virtual, out-of-state or out-of-country employees to participate in EAD! It’s also a chance for those who can’t make it to the in-person event (due to clinical demands, scheduling conflicts, etc.) on Thursday, September 28, 2023 to participate as well!
It has always been a challenge for the EAD Planning Team on how to best include virtual/work-from-home, and employees with intense schedule demands. This became especially apparent in 2020, when the COVID-19 pandemic shifted even more employees from working in person to working fully remote.
For EAD 2020 through 2022, an online EAD photo bingo game was created to encourage virtual participation, but it lacked something essential to the EAD experience – interacting with and getting to know other U of U employees!
Goosechase offers a great solution through their interactive activity feed feature. Participants will be able to submit photo and text-based responses to “missions” and then respond to other’s submissions through the activity feed, much like Instagram or other social media!
How it Works
Goosechase is an online scavenger hunt platform that can be accessed via iPhone App (App Store download) or Android App (GooglePlay download). Participants will create an account using their @utah.edu email address*, join the University of Utah game, and then select "missions" to participate in. Missions range from taking photos ("Take a selfie in University of Utah attire!") to answering text-based prompts ("What's your favorite part about working at the University of Utah?") Each mission is assigned different point totals depending on difficulty. Participants in the scavenger hunt will need to accumulate at least 1000 points for a chance to win University of Utah swag!
*You must sign up for a Goosechase account using your @utah.edu email address in order to qualify for prize drawings
How to Participate
- Download Goosechase on your mobile device | App Store download (iPhone) or GooglePlay download (Android)
- Create an account by using your @utah.edu email address, a username and password (Hint: You can create an account ahead of the game opening EAD Week!)
- Search for the University of Utah Experience using Join Code GJDZ3V
- Participate in missions by taking photos, selfies, or answering text-based prompts!
- Interact with other user submissions via the Activity Feed!
- Grand Prize: 2 Utes football tickets to your choice of the 10/14 vs. California, 11/4 vs. ASU or 11/15 vs. Colorado + invitation to the Auxiliary Business Development Department tailgate for free food prior to the game + U of U clothing item + sunglasses (1 winner)
- 2nd Grand Prize: U of U clothing swag + sunglasses (10 winners)
- 3rd Grand Prize: U of U clothing swag or sunglasses (10 winners)
In-Person EAD Opportunities
If you can make our in-person event on Thursday, September 28, 2023 from 10 am – 2pm, be sure to check back frequently on the EAD website to get an idea of what to expect for activities and entertainment! Some highlights include:
- NEW - EAD Crafts Market! Bring your wallets and browse local crafts vendors offering art, pottery, etc.!
- NEW - Professional headshots courtesy of University Marketing & Communications!
- NEW - University of Utah Public Safety K9 Unit Demonstrations! Watch highly-trained canines perform explosive materials detections! Read more about K9 demonstrations at EAD.
Thank you to our EAD Sponsors